According to outcome of Sound, the fire was a result of one of the mobile showers experiencing "mechanical failure of a heating unit".
The fire department said the blaze had been contained as of 2:28 a.m. It occurred in a storage area of Lot 8 in the 81000 block of Avenue 51, the agency said.
ABC7 Los Angeles reported that witnesses saw public showers engulfed in flames after hearing a loud boom similar to an explosion. Total of two trailers involved.
No injuries were reported after a fire started at the Coachella grounds early Saturday, according to the local fire department. "Fire crews will remain on scene for one hour for overhaul", it added.
The fire comes during the festival's first weekend.