The children will be flown with their families as part of a resettlement deal agreed with Washington.
This announcement comes after a large amount of pressure was placed on the Government to resettle refugee children who were reportedly suffering in detention on Nauru.
The federal government had previously said that the children who remained on Nauru were with parents deemed national security risks by the US.
Australia announced Sunday that the last child refugees held on the Pacific atoll of Nauru would soon be sent to the United States, ending the banishment of children under the government's harsh asylum-seeker policy. Australia refused to resettle them under its tough immigration policies.
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre's Jana Favero told Johnny Blades that Australia's government fought very hard for those children not to be removed.
Nauru asylum seeker detention centre.
He said that children would no longer be detained there.
"This action has taken far too long and at times has been very hard fought - in the past year alone we have had to take court action repeatedly to help secure the medical evacuation of 26 critically ill people on Nauru with many of these children, including some as young as 6 months old", lawyer Jennifer Kanis said in a statement.
It is estimated that more than 500 men and women still reside in each island, down from approximately 2,500 at the peak in mid-2014, refugee advocates say.
Doctors and human rights groups have for months been calling for all child migrants and their families to be evacuated from the island.
Canberra has long argued that the controversial policy discourages asylum-seekers from embarking on unsafe sea voyages.
The number of asylum seekers travelling to Australia by boat rose sharply in 2012 and early 2013.
"We want to keep making sure that we treat people with a proper duty of care and with access to proper medical treatment", Shorten said.