Iran says it has killed mastermind of deadly attack on parade

Iranian armed forces members and civilians take shelter in a shooting during a military parade marking the 38th anniversary of Iraq's 1980 invasion of Iran

Suspected Organizer of Ahvaz Terror Attack Killed in Iraq – Reports

Iran says the mastermind behind last month's terrorist attack in the country's southern province of Khuzestan is killed.

In a statement published by state media the Guards said that a man named Abu Zaha was the Islamic State leader in Diyala province and was the "mastermind" who planned the September 22 shooting in which 24 people were killed, almost half of them members of the IRGC.

The Mehr news agency reported on Tuesday that Abu Dhoha, an "emir" of the Daesh* terror group, was killed along with four other terrorists during an operation carried out by the Iraqi security forces in the province of Diyala.

Militants disguised as soldiers opened fire on the annual Iranian military parade, killing 24 people and wounding over 60 others.

The Islamic State group claimed responsibility and later posted a video of men it said were the attackers.

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said those responsible for the parade attack were paid by Sunni Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates and that Iran will "severely punish" those behind the violence.

Altre Notizie