Vikings' Everson Griffen being evaluated at hospital after weekend incident

Everson Griffen

Vikings’ Everson Griffen Accused of Threatening to ‘Shoot Up’ Minneapolis Hotel AP

Griffen, 30, was not arrested and police are not investigating the incident, with a Minneapolis Police spokesman telling the Associated Press that there was no indication that the threats Griffen made were credible, and that he did not have a weapon. Pico said Griffen "has been explosive, screaming and yelling" at practice, the reports continued. Vikings director of security Kim Klawiter told police that the team told Griffen not to play Sunday and to "go get his head straight".

Even though the Vikings want Griffen to undergo the mental health evaluation, Pico told police that Griffen has not done or said anything that led the team to believe that he is a danger to himself or others.

Tiffany Griffen said she didn't know what to do and that she wants her husband to get help, according to the report. A source told Anderson that Griffin is "getting assistance on personal matters" and that the National Football League is "comfortable he has a good support system around him". Family members told police they feared for their safety and for Griffen's, detailing what one acquaintance described as a nervous breakdown.

The Minnesota Vikings defensive end threatened to shoot someone Saturday afternoon at the Hotel Ivy in Minneapolis, Minn., KSTP-TV's Ryan Raiche reported Monday, citing a source. The Minneapolis Police Department redacted that person's name, but a source confirmed to KSTP that it was indeed Griffen named in the report.

Pico told police that upon meeting Griffen at the hotel, the defensive end forgot why he wanted to speak to him and did not want to talk to him anymore.

The Minnesota Police Department said Griffen allegedly created a scene nearly every time he entered the hotel.

That man had called Griffen's wife and he brought Griffen home but told police upon arrival that he "didn't feel safe at all". The reporting officer placed a health and welfare hold on Griffen "based upon his actions and information I had acquired about him".

Minnetrista officers were able to get him back on a stretcher and into the ambulance, which took him to Fairview Hospital in Edina. But around 6 p.m., police received a call because the paramedics said Griffen had exited the ambulance transporting him, fearing someone was "going to shoot him".

The Minnetrista Incident Report states there are no criminal charges forthcoming against Griffen since no crime was committed.

The Minnesota Vikings explained Everson Griffen's absence from Sunday's game as a "personal matter", but it may have been due to a serious situation.

Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman said in a statement Monday night that the team is "focused on Everson's well-being and providing the appropriate support for him and his family". "He's always been a really, really good model for us and obviously he's going through some tough times".

Altre Notizie