Rhode Island man held in killing of his mother in New Hampshire

Patient slain inside hospital by relative authorities say

National News

A Rhode Island man accused of fatally shooting his mother in the intensive care unit of New Hampshire's largest hospital has pleaded not guilty and is being held without bail.

The suspect, Travis Frink, 49, arrived at DHMC at 1:15 p.m. and signed in at the visitors desk. No reason or motive was given.

The New Hampshire Attorney General's office as well as New Hampshire State Police, Lebanon police, Vermont State Police and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives responded to the scene to search for Frink.

The husband of a woman fatally shot in a hospital said he saw his stepson point a gun at her and fire several shots before walking away without saying a word, according to a police complaint released Wednesday.

When Frink went to visit her Tuesday, Robert Ferriere was in the room and Frink asked to spend some time alone with his mother, authorities said.

Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon tweeted photos and messages of employees getting back to work Wednesday, a day after the active shooter alert and lockdown.

When asked about the shooting Wednesday morning by The Associated Press, Robert Ferriere said he had no idea why it happened.

Travis Frink, of Warwick, Rhode Island, is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday on murder charges in the death of his 70-year-old mother, Pamela Ferriere, of Groton, New Hampshire. "I'm not a mind reader", he said, before hanging up.

Travis Frink's LinkedIn page includes a long list of experience in computer systems administration and technical support jobs in Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York and MA.

"The facts gathered to this point reveal that the objective of Mr. Frink's visit to the hospital today was to kill his mother", New Hampshire Attorney General Gordon MacDonald '83 said in a press conference Tuesday evening.

Several of Frink's neighbors in Warwick said he mostly kept to himself.

Frink's Facebook page shows he got engaged last December. She had suffered an aneurism and was in the intensive care unit.

Frink's stepfather told police he had turned to walk out of the room when he heard Pamela Ferriere shout or scream. She said when Frink came into the room he had a small duffel bag.

The crime scene is still being investigated, MacDonald said, adding that more than one shot was sacked during the incident.

Frink was detained as he tried to leave the grounds of Dartmouth-Hitchcock, authorities said. Frink is in custody and can't be reached for comment.

Altre Notizie