BVB: Barca target Dembele still suspended

Will the former Real man move to Barcelona

Will the former Real man move to Barcelona

"Ousmane Dembele has, of course, the opportunity to train individually, away from the squad".

Dembele has gone rogue at Dortmund after not turning up at training and has been suspended for the foreseeable future as a result, as he tries to push through a move to Barcelona.

"Our complete focus lies on having a on having a good preparation for our first Bundesliga match against Wolfsburg next week", sporting director Michael Zorc said.

Dortmund had confirmed a bid for the 20-year-old from Barca had been rejected ahead of the weekend and said he'd be suspended for their DFB-Pokal clash against Rielasingen-Arlen on Saturday.

Dortmund met with Barcelona's representatives but the Spanish club did not meet their valuation.

The France global is a target for the Catalans, along with Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho, as they aim to find a replacement for Neymar following his £200m move to Paris Saint-Germain.

Barcelona are struggling to bring in a replacement for Neymar, given Liverpool also rejected a €100m [£90.4m] bid for Philippe Coutinho, despite the Brazil worldwide handing in a transfer request by email on Friday. "Now it is not likely that there will be a transfer of our player", Dortmund said in an official statement.

Dembele is under contract until 2021 and an initial offer from Barca has been rejected by Dortmund.

Dortmund will kick off their Bundesliga season 2017-2018 against Wolfsburg at the first round on August 19.

Altre Notizie