Five women, five children and a man in a vehicle were killed and one woman and two men were wounded in the blast in Logar province, just south of the capital of Kabul, said Mohammad Halim Fedayee, the provincial governor.
There were five women and five children among the dead.
There has been no claim of responsibility for the attacks on Friday.
The UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan voiced alarm when five boys from one family were killed this month by an unexploded mortar round in Laghman province.
The report documented 11,418 conflict-related civilian casualties, including 3,498 people killed and 7,920 injured in 2016.
Hours earlier on Friday, a roadside bomb hit an American military convoy north of the capital, Kabul, but "no injuries have been reported", said the USA military.
On Thursday night, five police personnel were killed in an insider attack in Ghanikhel district in Nangarhar province of the country.
Afghan security officials check vehicles at the checkpost in Helmand province after 11 policemen were killed by a colleague on February 27.
Momand says that after the shootings, the attacker, whose name was only given as Nasratullah, collected all the victims' firearms and fled the scene.
There were no immediate claims of responsibility, though assailants often join Taliban ranks after committing the violence.
The suicide-bomb-and-gun attack left at least six people dead, including four RTA employees and two security forces, while many more were wounded. Both the extremist group Islamic State (IS) and the Taliban are active in Nangarhar Province, which borders Pakistan.